(Family Features) Even the most experienced travelers have arrived at their vacation destination only to realize the camera or sunglasses are still sitting on the kitchen counter at home. There is no worse feeling than leaving an essential item behind, causing you stress when you should be enjoying R&R.
Sure, there are those who subscribe to the theory anything can be bought at your destination. But who wants to waste valuable time at the local drug store when you could be on the slopes or at the beach? Start your trip by creating a packing list of essentials. Then you can fly off to paradise knowing everything you need is right in your suitcase where it belongs.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- The two most important toiletry items are a toothbrush and toothpaste. Select toothpaste, such as ARM & HAMMER™ Sensitive Whitening, that whitens your teeth while you’re away. Available in travel size, it’s convenient to pack.
- Caring for your hair requires shampoo, conditioner, a hairbrush, comb and styling supplies. If your trip includes an airplane flight, make sure bottled liquids are no bigger than 3 ounces and are sealed inside a zip top bag, for your carry-on items.
- Other essentials include sunscreen, mosquito repellant, deodorant, soap, shaving supplies, moisturizer and lip balm.
- Always travel with the essentials, such as your passport, driver’s license, itinerary, maps, membership cards, insurance information and travel confirmations.
- A guidebook or two is also helpful. Purchase a pocket-sized edition with a good map to take on your trip. Look less like a tourist by flagging important pages in advance.
- Everyone needs one good suitcase, but also bring along a backpack or crossbody bag for daytime touring and collapsible tote bag for souvenir shopping. Don’t forget to throw toothpaste in your daytime bag, such as ARM & HAMMER™ Sensitive Multi-Protection, to freshen up during long days of touring, and to protect teeth against tartar build-up.
- Today’s savvy traveler will need a laptop or tablet, camera, extra memory cards, music player, headphones and, of course, chargers for all your devices.
- No matter where you’re headed on vacation, snacks are always a great item to bring along. They cut down on food costs, keep kids happy and help everyone stay healthy. So, pack a small tote with trail mix, granola, energy bars, fresh fruit and crackers.
- If you plan to indulge in ice cream or other frosty treats, pack toothpaste for sensitive teeth, such as ARM & HAMMER™ Sensitive Freshening, and your mouth will feel cool and refreshed.
- Bring an empty water bottle with you on every trip to stay hydrated. Other items to pack for the hotel room are juices, teabags, gourmet coffee, bottled coffee drinks and powdered drink mixes.
A great packing list will help you to stay organized while getting ready for your trip. It also ensures that everything you brought on vacation makes it back into your bag for the trip home.
For more tips and information on sensitive teeth, visit www.armandhammer.com.
Photo courtesy of Getty Images