CRUSTLESS ITALIAN QUICHE – (OVO-VEGETARIAN)
Servings 6 people
- 1 cup brown rice cooked
- 1/4 cup green onion sliced
- 1 Tbsp almond or spelt flour
- 2 cup broccoli cuts frozen - thawed, drained
- 1 each red bell pepper small, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 6 each eggs or 8oz Egg Whites
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp basil leaves dried
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese shredded, vegetarian (or Almond cheese)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine rice, green onion and flour in medium bowl. Spread over bottom of pie pan. Top with broccoli, red peppers and mushrooms.
- In medium bowl stir together Better’n Eggs, milk, salt, hot pepper sauce, basil and pepper. Pour over vegetables. Top with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 180; Protein: 16g