By: Marisa Moon, My Longevity Kitchen
White Bean Chicken Chili
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole onion White or Yellow
- 3 whole garlic Cloves
- 1 whole Zucchini Organic, diced small
- 1 tsp sea salt Fine
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 3 cups Chicken Stock Organic Low Sodium
- 1 whole Lime Juice Fresh
- 1 cup Salsa Verde (Find this traditional green salsa on grocery store shelves, in the Mexican food aisle; or buy some from your favorite Mexican restaurant)
- 1-15 oz Cannellini Beans Eden Organic*, drained & rinsed
- 1-1.5 lbs chicken breast Organic Boneless Skinless
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt Fine
- 1.5 Tbsp olive oil Extra Virgin
- 1 whole jalapeño pepper
- 1 whole scallion
- 1 slice Cilantro fresh
- 1 whole avocado
- Preheat Oven 350 Degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment and drizzle with 1.5 Tablespoons of Oil.
- Line a cutting board with paper towels, and pat the chicken breasts dry. Cut the breasts in half (favoring the thinner side will help it cook more evenly), and separate the tenders if they are still attached. Season the chicken with the chili powder and sea salt.
- Transfer the breasts to the baking sheet and turn them to coat them in oil. Roast the chicken for up to 30 minutes for larger pieces, and check it at 15 minutes for chicken tenders.
- Meanwhile, chop 1 onion and mince the garlic cloves.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a soup pot over medium heat, and measure out your chili spices so that they are ready (chili, cumin, oregano, salt).
- Sauté the onions and garlic for 3-5 minutes. While onions and garlic are cooking keep an eye on your roasting chicken. When chicken is done cooking, remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- Add the measured spices to the onions and garlic and stir until fragrant – about 1 min.
- Stir in the zucchini and cook for another minute. Add 3 cups of chicken stock, 1 cup of salsa verde, and drained cannellini beans to the pot. Stir.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring everything to a simmer. Meanwhile, start shredding or dicing your chicken keep it aside, and pour the chicken juices into the pot.
- Once your pot is simmering, turn heat down to medium to and cook for 10 minutes.
- Scoop out 2 cups of the chili and put it into a blender. Holding the cover down with a kitchen towel, blend until smooth and add it back to the pot. Now add the chicken. Cook for 5 more minutes
- Squeeze the juice from a half of full line. Taste for salt, and serve with garnishes.
*This is the only brand of cooked beans on the market that is healthful. This company actually soaks their beans, dumps the soaking liquid, and cooks them with kombu seaweed (you can’t taste it). All of this is very important to eliminate toxins, release digestive enzymes, and make their nutrients more available to us. This brand is sold at Whole Foods Market and Jewel.