Vegan Chocolate Brownie Surprise!
Servings 12 servings
- 1 can black beans 240g drained weight
- 1/2 each avocado
- 1 cup brown sugar suitable for vegans
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts (*optional soaked)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil plus more for greasing
- 1 pinch salt large pinch
- 150 g dark chocolate suitable for vegans
- Place the beans, avocado, 1/4 cup chocolate chips and oil in a food processor; cover and process until blended.
- Add eggs, brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla, baking powder and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a parchment paper-lined 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
Makes 12 delicious gluten-free brownies.