(ARA) – You’re seeing it everywhere, from runways to street style blogs to “it girls” who act as fashion muses: retro vintage style is making a refreshing comeback. Preppy must-haves, lady-like accessories and cuts inspired by classic retro styles have made their way back into the fashion consciousness.
As luck would have it, it’s easier than you think to be a part of the trend this season. Check out these simple tips for incorporating retro style into your wardrobe easily and affordably.
* Shop your closet. Did you hang onto your favorite cashmere twinset, Peter Pan-collared blouse or short-sleeve sweater from years past? These classic American sportswear separates are suddenly the must-haves of the season. It’s time to bring these basics back to the forefront of your closet. Have fun mixing and matching these pieces with on-trend accessories to create refreshing new looks.
* Focus on feminine details: Subtle accents like sparkly brooches, a classic pearl bracelet and a lady-like, structured handbag will bring your look to life. Feminine details reminiscent of a bygone era are guaranteed to take your outfit to the next level. You’ll be able to find some easy-on-the-wallet options at vintage stores or by shopping your favorite discount store for deals on modern versions of these eye-catching styles.
* Think vintage when it comes to accessories. Many quintessential American accessory brands are experiencing a fashion revival, like Timex, which offers a variety of styles that are new takes on classic designs from the decades gone by.
“The Originals 1940s Inspiration watch features a vintage construction expansion band and a simple, clean design. I love this style because it’s so easy to wear and fits perfectly with the retro fashion trend,” says style expert Amy E. Goodman.
* Stick to a soft palette. The “it” shades of the season are soft neutrals: pale pinks, camel hues and heather grays. The way to wear them is in accent pieces such as cardigans or blouses. Don them with your favorite jeans and a pair of versatile menswear-inspired shoes like penny loafers or brogues for an easy everyday look.
* Pull it all together: Remember these final tips to achieve the retro look: Figure-flattering styles were dominant in this era, so stay away from anything loose or baggy. Looking polished from head to toe is the key to pulling this look together. Pair a simple updo hairstyle with crisp, tailored clothing and snappy shoes to finish it off.
Remember that retro style isn’t about creating a costume. By incorporating retro touches into an overall modern look, you’ll capture the interesting details of vintage style while still keeping your look fresh and up to date.
For more style tips that will help you perfect your own vintage retro style, visitwww.TimexStylewatch.com.