Servings 4 people
- 1 cup freekeh cracked
- 2-1/2 cups water or veggie broth - my preference
- 2 cups wax beans
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced, any variety
- 2 cups carrots
- 1 cup cannoli beans
- 1 Tbsp grape seed oil
- to taste himalayan salt
- to taste black pepper
- 1 Tbsp rosemary minced, fresh
- 1 Tbsp sage minced, fresh
- 1 Tbsp thyme minced, fresh
- 12 ounces chicken breast cooked (or use fish, or tempeh)
- Add freekeh and water/broth to a medium saucepan. Cover, bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 20-25 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400F. Toss veggies with oil and herbs and spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Bake for 30-40 minutes until softened and lightly charred.
- In a large bowl, combine freekeh with veggies and toss with protein of choice.
Note: Nutrition information does not include protein, as the information will vary depending on what protein option you select and how it was prepared. Serving Suggestion: Garnish with a sprinkle of parmesan to set it over the top Serving Size: 1 bowl