Part of the article on Mediterranean Grilling by Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien.
Spicy Mustard Chicken Kebabs
Nutrition per serving: 215 calories; 8.5g fat; 415mg sodium; 5g carbohydrate; 0.5g fiber; 2g sugars; 26.5g protein
Servings 4 people
- 1/4 cup mustard spicy brown
- 1 Tbsp mustard spicy brown (in addition to the 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 tsp olive oil Pompeian OlivExtra Premium Mediterranean Blend
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp vinegar Pompeian White Wine Vinegar
- 1 lb chicken breast raw, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 whole onion medium red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Place 3 tablespoons mustard in medium bowl. Add oil and garlic powder, and whisk until uniform. Cover and refrigerate. Use for dipping cooked chicken.
- In small bowl, combine vinegar with remaining 2 tablespoons mustard. Stir until uniform.
- Place chicken and marinade in large sealable plastic bag. Remove as much air as possible and seal. Gently knead marinade into chicken through bag. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Thread marinated chicken and onion chunks onto 4 skewers. Bring grill to medium-high heat. Brush both sides of kebabs with sauce. Grill kebabs for 5 minutes with grill cover down. Flip kebabs and grill for 6 to 8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy.
Meanwhile, if using wooden skewers, soak 4 in water for 20 minutes to prevent burning.