Part of the article on Mediterranean Grilling by Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien.
Jalapeño Peach Shrimp Skewers
Nutrition per serving: 185 calories; 8g fat; 415mg sodium; 6g carbohydrate; <0.5g fiber; 4.5g sugars; 21g protein
Servings 4 people
- 2 cups peach slices canned packed in juice, drained and blotted dry
- 2 tablespoons Grapeseed Oil Pompeian
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño pepper chopped seeded
- 1 teaspoon vinegar Pompeian White Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar not packed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces shrimp raw large, peeled, tails removed, de-veined, about 20
Sauce - for dipping
- Place 1/4 of the peach slices in small food processor or blender. Add the rest of the ingredients except shrimp and remaining peach slices, and puree until smooth. Transfer half of the sauce to small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve (for dipping).
- Bring grill to medium-high heat. Evenly thread shrimp and remaining peach slices onto 4 skewers. Brush both sides with some of remaining sauce. Grill until shrimp are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side, brushing with remaining sauce as they cook. Serve with refrigerated sauce for dipping.
If using wooden skewers, soak 4 in water for 20 minutes to prevent burning.